This is an outstanding opportunity to serve the Crown in a busy, high performing Government department with an unparalleled breadth and variety of work. You will find opportunities here that you won’t find anywhere else. It is rewarding and challenging work that will see you make your mark.
We are looking to appoint a policy advisor (Crown Counsel, Policy), reporting directly to the Deputy Chief Executive. The role has three core aspects:
- Co-ordinating Crown Law’s policy function, including working with Team Managers and Crown Counsel to develop Crown Law positions on other agencies’ policy proposals within the fields of public, criminal and constitutional law;
- Working with the Deputy Chief Executive on strategic organisational priorities that will help Crown Law deliver its strategy; and
- Contributing to initiatives across the Justice Sector.
The role provides a fantastic opportunity to work with some of the government’s best lawyers (including the Solicitor General), obtain operational experience and a whole-of-government understanding. It will suit somebody who:
- Is a self-starter who can work independently with limited direction;
- Has legal aptitude and skills (a law degree is not a prerequisite, but is an advantage);
- Is confident interacting with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders; and
- Is confident working with senior leaders of an organisation, including the Solicitor General, Deputy Chief Executive and Deputy Solicitors-General.
Applicants must have policy analyst or advisor experience (of approximately 2-5 years) within the Public Service, preferably within a Justice Sector agency.
All applications must include a covering letter, curriculum vitae and academic transcript.
To apply, please use the following link: http://crownlaw.qjumpers.co.nz/jobs/apply/?jobid=38353&src=254