Crown Law provides legal advice and representation services to the government in matters affecting the executive government. The services provided include matters covering judicial review of government actions, constitutional questions including Treaty of Waitangi issues, the enforcement of criminal law and the protection of revenue. Crown Law also administers the prosecution process in the criminal justice system, in particular, trials on indictment before juries and provides leadership to several Government networks.
We are looking to appoint a experienced lawyer into one of our Public Law teams that specialise in natural resource law, who is interested in:
- advice work, litigation, mediation and negotiationfor the Crown, working alongside experienced litigators; and
- joining a diverse team of great people, who are committed to a collegial, supportive and enjoyable environment, and care about the issues they are working on.
A role in this team offers:
- cutting-edge work spanning a range of areas of law (including for example all forms of natural resource law including land law, constitutional, public and administrative law, and equity/trusts)
- development opportunities for anyone wanting to pursue a litigation career. It provides great opportunities for appearances at all court levels. Most of our High Court litigation goes to the Court of Appeal and often all the way to the Supreme Court
- experience in Treaty-related issues, we often work closely with the Treaty Teams at Crown Law
- contact with Ministers
- autonomy in terms of taking charge of files and client relationships
- opportunities to mentor and develop more junior staff
We would like to talk to people with a range of skill-sets. We are interested in public sector experience, practical problem-solving skills and people skills. We do not require litigation experience.
We have offices in Wellington and Auckland but at this point are looking for a Wellington based position. We support flexible working arrangements.
To apply, please use the following link: https://crownlaw.qjumpers.co.nz/jobs/apply/?jobid=57530&src=254
All applications should include a covering letter, curriculum vitae and transcript.