At Crown Law you will work with leading public lawyers and find professional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else. It is rewarding and challenging work that will see you making your mark. On top of that we offer a flexible work environment and unique career development opportunities.
- Gain excellent litigation and advice experience acting for public sector clients
- Work with senior counsel and recognised experts
- Appearances in the senior courts
- Opportunities to advise government on legal risk, and in the development of policy and law reform
- Active career development through mentoring, training and Government Legal Network opportunities
We are looking to appoint Crown Counsel to join the Crown Legal Risk Group. The position involves advice and litigation across Government, with a focus on exercise of statutory powers, supporting decision-makers, management of strategic legal risk, judicial review, and conduct of large scale litigation and appeals across a broad range of areas. This position sits within a team with a focus on health, social security and other social services, but includes the opportunity to work across diverse areas across Government including immigration, defence, education, land and natural resources including environment, biosecurity and conservation.
Crown Law has offices in Wellington and Auckland.
To be considered for a position at Crown Law you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand and are required to complete a Ministry of Justice Criminal Records Check.
All applications should include a covering letter, curriculum vitae and academic transcript.
To apply, please use the following link: http://crownlaw.qjumpers.co.nz/jobs/apply/?jobid=49550&src=254